BLIND SUBMISSIONS ONLY - Remove all identifying information from your manuscript and file name. The Title blank on Submittable should only contain the title of the work, NOT your name. Your name goes in the Cover Letter space, along with a brief bio.
WIDE AUDIENCE content only. That is, watch the swearing, sexual content, adult innuendo, coarse jokes, unnecessary violence, etc. Of course, anything containing abusive, misogynistic, racist, or other offensive content will be declined.
Please only submit one submission in one genre until you hear back from us in that genre, though you can submit material to several genres at the same time. Simultaneous submissions are fine. No reading fee.
- Contemporary Mystery
- Contemporary Spy
- Contemporary Woods / Western / Mountain / Appalachian
- Dark Fiction -- but no straight-up horror, please. Examples might include works such as Fahrenheit 451, The Road, Dracula, 1984, Animal Farm, The Handmaid's Tale, and such
- Debut Author (two or fewer previous publishing credits, age 18 and over), any genre
- Fan Fiction (video games, movies, books)
- Literary Fiction
- Speculative Fiction
- Young Author (please submit in this category if you're 17 or younger), any genre
Up to 2000 words per story.
Query for longer works (2000+ words) with a short 50 word summary, AND the first 500 words of the story. Include total word count in summary. Use "Query for Longer Works" category on Submittable.
Accepted authors must acknowledge publishing agreement. Some or all work may be included in a future anthology with no remuneration to author.
Unpublished work only. No reprints.
Selected work will appear online first day of a subsequent month.